Sunday, August 10, 2008

A First!




Kerry, at A Ten O’Clock Scholar, a fellow Anglican and homeschooling mom has honored me with my very first blog award! Please stop by and visit her blog. She is a gifted blogger!

The rules that go with this award:

Put the logo on your blog
Link to the person you received your award from
Nominate at least 7 other blogs
Put links to those blogs on your site
Leave messages on the blogs you’ve nominated

I would like to bless some of my Swappie friends with this award:

You will find my cybertwin, Amy, at A Redeemed Sheep. Amy is another homeschooling mom who writes about life, her family and her love for the Lord.

Marilyn, at A Mixed Bouquet, another homeschooling mom, blogs about life on the farm and her family. She is raising a son with special needs and is always an inspiration. She also has a recipe blog.

Laurie, at For Heaven’s Sake, homeschools her son with Down syndrome. Nevin is older than my R and I’ve watched him grow from a boy to a young man. She has freely shared her journey over at The Swap for many years and I have learned so much from her.

Renna, at Finding My Knitch, is a retired Swappie mama – her children have grown up and graduated. Renna blogs about all the things I am going to enjoy when I retire – hobbies, nature, food and, of course, family life!

Kelly, at Grey-Haired Geek, is another homeschooling mom and fellow Swappie. She has an adorable young son with Down syndrome and has written a beautiful poem you must read about life with Joshua!

I would also like to bless a new friend and gifted writer, Karen, at Top Shelf Ink. If you visit her blog you will see her beautiful Anglican prayer beads (which she made all by herself) and a post on contemplative prayer! I treasure our discussions and owe her a note!

Barbara Frank is a veteran homeschooler and homeschooling author. She has a new book out - The Imperfect Homeschooler's Guide to Homeschooling. Barbara also homeschools her son with Down syndrome. I hope to get to visit her in real life soon!

And last, but not least, another fellow homeschooling mom, Mrs. Darling, blogs at Dishpan Dribble. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy her beautiful blog and many insights. She also has several other blogs that can be found here, here and here

Again, many thanks Kerry!

10 comments:

Renna said...

Amy, you are such a sweetie. :-)

Mrs. Darling said...

Thank you amy!

Kerry said...

I can't wait to check out your nominees!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thanks, Sis! I'm working on my nominee post right now. :o)

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Oh, look at you girl! You're a sweetie and I want you to get back to posting more! :D

Amy said...

Just when I think life is settling down, it gets crazier! Perhaps after my weekend guests leave this coming Sunday, I'll have more time to devote to blogging but my poor, neglected house will have to have my attention this week or I'll be totally embarrassed!

Barbara Frank said...

Decided to treat myself to some blog surfing this morning and arrived here to find this! Thanks for the award, and for sharing these other links that I can't wait to check out!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

TIme for a new award for my cyber twin!!! Love ya!!!

http://redeemed-sheep.blogspot.com/2008/08/smile-award.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, Amy! I'll get working on this.

ksmith said...

My gosh, Amy! I just saw this. Thanks so much for your shout-out. It means a lot. Keep writing, girl! You deserve that award.
Karen