Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ordination to the Sacred Order of Priests

I really did not know what to expect while awaiting hubby's ordination to the priesthood. I had attended many ordinations - all quite moving but to see one's husband ordained was a totally different experience.

As I entered the church to find hubby with others gathered around him in prayer:














It was quite apparent to me that the Holy Spirit was powerfully present. I was so moved that I really didn't think I could remain functional for the next 2 hours. But, of course, I did with God's help.


















Smells and bells abound.













Fully priested.


It was a glorious day surrounded by the Holy Spirit, family and friends. Now on to do God's work for His Holy Church!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! I was moved by the pictures and I can only imagine what the experience must have been like for you! Praying that God would bless His ministry and that you would see God's hand at work mightily!

Thank you for the offer of the book! I had looked at that one recently and wondered if it might be helpful for Eliana. I'd love to have it. I'll see if I can find an email button for you.

Blessings
Leslie

carebear said...

Hi! Just happened upon your blog today. Congratulations to your husband! What a special calling. I'm sure your family will be richly blessed. :)

Amy said...

So encouraging to hear of another faithful priest being added to the ministry. Will pray for you all tonight. Look forward to hearing where God leads you all next!

Kerry said...

Oh, I only have a moment, but I couldn't read this update without leaving a congratulatory note!

What a blessed day! Congratulations to you both. I look forward to hearing where the Lord is calling you all next...so exciting!

The next Ember Days are coming up after Holy Cross, I'll be lifting you all in special prayer for the newly ordained (and of course add you to my regular weekly list of prayers for clergy friends).

Amy said...

Thank you ladies! We covet your prayers as we enter this new ministry!

Barbara Frank said...

How wonderful! What a blessing for all of you, and for the church!

Back online after a break for moving....still can't find everything yet, but it already feels like home. Will you be moving now that your dh is ordained?

Amy said...

Thank you Barbara!

I'm glad to hear you are getting settled in your new home. We are staying put for at least a year to get our oldest through a year at our local community college. Then, we will see what God has in store for us!