Monday, July 7, 2008

Church Camp Summer '08

Was amazing!



I love working with the little ones - first through fourth grade. The are so much fun and unrestrained in their worship. They are VERY busy though. Our days were filled with worship, Bible classes, good food, arts & crafts, games, nature walks, singing, swimming, campfires, s'mores, fellowship...with very little sleep for the counselors.

This year we concentrated on listening to God with the theme, "Can You Hear Him Now." My little campers were very attentive and their spiritual growth was amazing.

Miss R had the time of her life. She made many, many new friends who took a sincere interest in her. I was very moved by their love for her and acceptance of her for who she is - a child of God.

We returned home in awe of the presence of the Holy Spirit working in our camp session...and I apparently caught a strep infection from one of my little campers. We sent a little girls home with a sore throat and fever. I'm better now and should be back to blogging a little more frequently!

2 comments:

Renna said...

Amy, you are making a difference in so many little lives. That is an awesome report.

I'm so happy that Miss R was shown the love of God through her fellow campers as well.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I'm also glad that Miss R was treated with kindness by the other campers. :o) Sounds like you had a great and exhausting week. I admire you.