Saturday, February 7, 2009

10 Things I Do Every Day

My friend, Renna had this meme on her blog so I thought I would play along.



1. Pray. I have scheduled times and times of spontaneous prayer throughout the day. I have always been called to a life of prayer – a gift!

2. Make the bed. I cannot go downstairs without having the bed made. Occasionally, I can recruit a helper. When hubby is home, he often will make it while I’m brushing my teeth. What a delight it is to come out of the bathroom and find the bed neatly made.

3. Drink one cup of coffee. It is a rare occasion for me to have a second cup. I used to drink it all day, even into the evening, but no more. I am quite satisfied with one.

4. Make 3, sometimes 4, meals a day. As a homeschooling mom my kiddos are just used to hot meals. Hubby has erratic hours so sometimes I make a 4th meal when he comes home late. I like to spoil my family.

5. Feed and bond with my cat. The cat is not very social but every time I make a trip up the stairs she expects me to cuddle with her on my bed and be stroked --- but only for as long as she wishes.

6. School the girls, formally on weekdays and always looking for those moments when I find the opportunity to present something new (or learn from them) when things are more relaxed. Homeschooling is a lifestyle!

7. Check my blogs. I love to see how God is working in the lives of my bloggy friends.

8. Talk, really talk, with hubby so if we can’t talk in person we speak by phone. We are often separated due to circumstances related to balancing seminary and family life – just a short season. Soon we will resume our normal family lifestyle!

9. Speak to a very dear friend - usually by phone. If we don’t talk, I feel like something is missing from my day..

10. Let my family know that I love them by words and actions

The only rule: keep it to only 10 things!

H/T Karen

3 comments:

Renna said...

Amy, I can indentify with that happy feeling of coming out of the bathroom and discovering that the bed has been neatly made. My dh often does that, as well. Sweeites, aren't they? ;-)

Karen said...

Thanks for joining in on this meme. I think that #1 is wonderful. You are truly blessed to be called to a life of prayer. It doesn't come easily to everyone. Not that it's easy for you, but I do think that it is a gift of the Spirit for some people.

Loved the photo of the little black squirrel! I know they can be pesky critters, but I think they're so cute. Have never seen a black one.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

I enjoyed reading your post! I can say that you are a much better wife and mom by making three or four meals per day.

I like the new blog look! Well, new to me since I've been gone from bloggyland of late.