Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Addicted...

to food blogs. I used to collect cookbooks but now I collect food blogs. I just can't stay away from them. I have at least 50 food blogs in my google reader and about a dozen in my blogroll - which I add to daily. I can wander around food blogs at length but my cooking habits do not change. Before kids, I experimented with cooking on a daily basis. I loved cooking from cultures around the world from Mexico to the Far East to the Middle East and Europe. Now, I'm trapped in a mundane pattern with little variation. My cooking is BORING.

I guess it is a seasonal thing. Right now my life is full with homeschooling teenagers and supporting hubby in seminary. It is a frugal season for now. A new season will come and I'll get back to exciting! But for now, my focus is on raising my children to God's glory and living a frugal life!

Tonight's meal:




Turkey Tetrazzini


12 oz. spaghetti or egg noodles, uncooked
½ - 1 cup chopped onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4 T butter or margarine
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. marjoram
1/3 cup dry white wine
½ tsp. garlic powder
3 cups turkey, cooked and diced (leftover Thanksgiving turkey, $.49 a pound)
2 cans Cream of Chicken or Mushroom soup
12 oz. evaporated milk
2 cups cooked and diced turkey.
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.

Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter/margarine with cayenne pepper and marjoram until softened. Add white wine and reduce. Add turkey, soup and condensed milk stirring until thickened. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add shredded cheddar cheese.

Add noodles to turkey mixture and place in 9x13 inch (or 2 5x7 inch pans - freezes well) casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (an hour or so if cold) until hot and bubbly.

Serves 8-10

1 comment:

Renna said...

Amy, I had to laugh when you said you read all those food blogs, and your cooking never changes. That sounds just like me!