Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas...

Tell me, what is with this society that celebrates the Twelve Days of Christmas before Christmas? I just don't understand...



I guess I do understand. It is all a part of the secularization of Christmas.

My house remains fully decorated and we enjoy the fullness of Christmas until Epiphany on January 6th. The Magi wait in their hiding places to arrive in my multiple nativity scenes spread about the house. Have I mentioned here that I collect nativity scenes? Here is my newest acquisition - a gift from my in-laws and another lovely memory from hubby's childhood:



The girls each get a rather large gift on Christmas and then the next eleven days get a small gift. As Christmas lingers, I revel in the peace and hope I know as we celebrate the birth of our Savior. A blessed Christmastide to you and yours....

2 comments:

Barbara Frank said...

That is such a pretty Nativity scene, and I'm sure the memories associated with it make it even more beautiful.

Wishing you and your family a blessed 2010!

Barb
www.barbarafrankonline.com

Amy said...

Thanks Barbara and a healthy, blessed 2010 to you and yours!