Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Treasure



I've been busily decorating my house for the holidays - slowly unpacking the storage containers filled with the things we've collected over the years. While bringing boxes out of storage my hubby said "did you see the boxes my parents brought this summer?" Amid my Christmas stash were two boxes lovingly packed by my in-laws to give to us - filled with Christmas treasure. Hubby's parents are downsizing and moving into a retirement community. I don't think they have put up a tree in years - they usually spend the holidays with us.

As I retrieved the new treasures from the basement, I pondered what I might find and how I could incorporate what I found with what I have. As I opened the boxes, I knew they had to have their own place.

Look at these beautiful old boxes!



The vintage treasure inside - some of it quite worn but these ornaments hold many wonderful memories for hubby...and now he is telling the stories!




Different sizes of ornament hangers - who knew! My father-in-law is an engineer :-)



The tree does not do these ornaments justice.



But I get to enjoy this tree every day - it is in my office. The sight of it while I do my wrapping will bring me great joy!

2 comments:

Barbara Frank said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas!

Amy said...

Thank you both!

And a very blessed Christmas to you & yours Barbara!