Monday, July 16, 2012

Research - Targeted Intervention in Children with Down Syndrome

If you follow this blog and have read my free e-book, Homeschooling Children with Down Syndrome you know I am passionate about sharing what I've learned about how children with Down syndrome learn.  Much of my research has led me to believe that targeted intervention is the key to learning success in children with Down syndrome.  New evidence in coming out in support of the research of many:

Landmark research study shows targeted intervention improves the reading and language skills of children with Down syndrome

If you are interested in following the research into how we can improve the lives of those with Down syndrome, you can find the RSS feed from Down Syndrome Education International on their website.  You can also follow them on twitter and facebook

I think soon I'll make public the summary of what I have learned about education and Down syndrome.  It is much more comprehensive than my e-book!

7 comments:

Gillian Marchenko said...

So happy to read your blog. Anticipate much more reading and learning in the future!

Amy said...

So glad you dropped by Gillian!

Tonya said...

I am glad to find you still here! I reopened my blog and have you listed as one of my sunshine sites!
I hope we can share more in the days ahead!
Tonya
www.mommassunshine.com

Amy said...

Good to see you again Tonya!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm reading the book now

Amy said...

I hope you find it helpful Carrie!

Twilson9608 said...

I am so glad that I have found your blog and I have already begun reading your Ebook. This is all so helpful!