Friday, September 7, 2012

Homeschooling Children with Down Syndrome

I don't go around promoting my  e-book, Homeschooling Children with Down Syndrome, so I thought I would remind you that it is still out there and still FREE.  It amazes me that it has had almost 13, 000 reads on Scribd.

If you haven't looked at it yet, I can tell you that it is based on what researchers tell us about how children with Down syndrome learn and is packed with suggestions on how to promote learning in our children.  My book is not only for homeschooling families but for all parents with an interest in how children with Down syndrome learn.  You will see my passion for homeschooling in the book but I hope you will also see my passion for all children with Down syndrome.  We all advocate in different ways for our children and this is what my advocacy has grown into.  This book has been my mission and ministry for almost 18 years now.  I didn't know it would grow into a book but with the prompting of the Holy Spirit it has and I hope you will find it useful in growing your children into the best that they can be!

We took a little time off this summer from formal learning but we are now happily back at work.  Reagan comes with joy to the learning table and thrives in her learning environment.  I feel hugely blessed to grow with her as the years go by.  One can only be humbled and grateful when set on this road less traveled...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I would really like to read your book. My husband and I have always planned to homeschool our children and we have an 8 month old who has down syndrome. I cannot seem to access the book without purchasing a membership. Is there another way to download it?
Thanks!
Katie

Anonymous said...

You have an e-book? That's really cool. I would love to publish one, but haven't been pursuing it. May God bless your efforts to encourage! Gloris

Amy said...

Thank you! Your words are high praise coming from someone who is a great encourager!

N Abram said...

Just wanting to say Happy New Year to you and all your family. Blessings and hugs Nicky

Amy said...

Thank you Nicky! I hope you & yours have a blessed, joyful 2013! Hugs!

Twilson9608 said...

I found your book to be exactly what I e been looking for, advice and knowledge from a parent of a child with Ds and who has 18+ years under her belt to give advice from! I found it hard to put my reading devices down and was disappointed when I came to the end because (while you hit all valuable topics) I felt I couldn't read enough! I've read a lot of books on Ds, all were helpful in one way or another but yours was the only that talked about everything!

Twilson9608 said...

I found your book to be exactly what I e been looking for, advice and knowledge from a parent of a child with Ds and who has 18+ years under her belt to give advice from! I found it hard to put my reading devices down and was disappointed when I came to the end because (while you hit all valuable topics) I felt I couldn't read enough! I've read a lot of books on Ds, all were helpful in one way or another but yours was the only that talked about everything!

Amy said...

That was my goal! No one (that I know of) has made an effort to put it all together so it made sense for those of us "working in the field" to put to practical use.