Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Different Dream for My Child

Jolene of Different Dream is featuring my blog this week by publishing an interview with me!

From Jolene's blog:

"DifferentDream.com is a gathering place for parents of special needs children. Dads and moms in the hospital with seriously or terminally ill kids feel isolated. So do parents whose children live with mental disabilities or chronic illnesses.
If you’re one of those parents, DifferentDream.com can help you find answers to questions like:
  • Why did God let this happen to our child?
  • Where do we find strength to deal with this diagnosis?
  • How do we navigate life in the hospital?
  • How do we juggle life inside and outside the hospital?
  • When we take our chronically ill child home, how will we cope?
  • What will life be like if our child dies?
  • If our child survives, how do we regain a normal life?"

Jolene has written a book - A Different Dream for My Child - Meditations for Critically or Chronically Ill Children which I just started and can hardly put down. Her writing is compelling, real and filled with hope.

Her book is a must have for every parent walking alongside a child with a critical or chronic illness. I hope to share more after I finish the book!

Jolene is also quite active in ministry alongside individuals with special needs.

Here is part one and then part two of the interview.

I am so grateful for the support and advice of others who have traveled this ministry path before me. I have never met people who give so generously of their experiences as those who minister alongside individuals with special needs. Thanks Jolene!

Thank you Lord for all those you put in my path as I work to meet the needs of individuals with special needs and minister alongside them!


Share|

No comments: