Saturday, January 26, 2008

Every Homeschooling Mom Should Have a Hobby



















I LOVE miniatures! When my girls were little, I thought this would be a fun project to do together. Well, it took us YEARS to make this something to display! We glued, sanded, painted, papered and decorated....and the work goes on. As we worked, we made up stories about the people who live in the house. It has been great fun for us as a family. I really need to talk to the miniature housekeeper - she has trouble keeping with the dust. She's probably rocking the baby instead of keeping up with the chores!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow! What a hobby! These houses are amazing...I'll ask the usual question..."Where do you find the time?" :)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I made time to work on this project. My dh's previous careers took him away from home a great deal of the time. My girls enjoyed seeing the project come alive as we worked. They we totally absorbed by the stories of the people who would live in the house - kind of like reading a good book to them. Beats TV any day!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Wow, Amy! You know, I have wanted to do this for years. I frequently look at them at Hobby Lobby.

The only thing that has held me back is where to put it. One day I will get it done! :D

Thanks for sharing this!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Tag, you're it!

http://mixedbouquet.blogspot.com
/2008/01/ive-been-tagged.html

Amy said...

Thank you ladies! Be careful - this is a very addictive hobbie. I used to belong to a list called Small Stuff which gave me lots of great ideas - especially for making your own miniatures. Great fun!

Amy said...

Akkkk! I've been tagged! Good thing I don't have to run - these old knees are bothering me today :-)