Monday, May 11, 2009

On the Road

Our road trips are never boring. Traveling home we stalked a semi carrying this load:




And no, I would never take pictures out the window barreling down I-75.

I just can't understand why this one is so blurry but it has a haunting look to it



From a distance I thought we were following a statue of Jesus but as we got closer I just wasn't sure. What do you think?

A little closer to home on I-57 in Effingham, IL we passed this:



We decided to stop for a closer look



More information about The Cross

3 comments:

Barbara Frank said...

I hope it's not supposed to be Jesus....those are vacant eyes, not loving ones.

We saw that cross last year when we traveled from IN to St. Louis to see our son and his wife.

Have you ever seen the statue of Christ in the Ozarks? Way cool:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/17113

Amy said...

Exactly! I'm thinking perhaps it is a Roman god????

I've never been to the Ozarks though I want to go - I'll check out the story!

Leslie said...

Not sure what that statue is - though it is odd looking.

Congrats to your dh on his new degree! That's awesome.

Blessings
Leslie