Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She's Not One of Us...




Words spoken by my  family

Parent, siblings to all they can reach

No, they aren’t talking about my daughter

Unique, Born to love

And not like them

They are talking about me

Rejected by those who are supposed to love and support

But instead seek to hurt and destroy

My crime?

Striving for holiness

In my brokeness

I choose good over evil

I choose love over hate

I choose joy over sorrow

I choose optimism over pessimism

I choose kindness over sarcasm

I choose peace over destruction

I choose quiet over gossip 

I choose authentic over mocking

I choose healing over bitterness

Not perfectly, but imperfectly me

Thankful that I am not like them

 I’ve always known

To whom I belong

A child of God

An object of my Father's love

Healed and transformed

New everyday

In His unceasing love

No comments: