Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I have the best pets...

And I feel very blessed to have them!



This is Miss R with her new kitten, Orla Rose, wrapped in a blanket. This kitten is so very good to Miss R. She will let her hold her for hours and not move a muscle. I had to ask her the other day if the cat was alive. Orla Rose was on her back with her legs straight up - not moving a muscle!


Every pet we have met (ours and others we know) seems to instinctively know to be gentle with Miss R, my daughter with Down syndrome. Even the most rambunctious pup (like mine) will be cautious around her. I asked her last night why animals were so kind to her. She said, "I talk to them with my mind."

Life with this young lady has taught me many things and you know what....

I believe her!


Here is Lil 'O snuggling with Orla Rose. The animals even get along with each other - another blessing!

6 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Orla Rose...What a sweet name. :o) I am so grateful that God gave us animals to love and that He gave specail animals to love your sweet daughter, Miss R.

Renna said...

Your daughter's reply to your question sent chill bumps up my spine. That is so neat, Amy. :-)

You are blessed with wonderful pets and children!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Just Precious!

Anonymous said...

Know what? I believe her, too!

Sharon said...

Orla Rose, how sweet, that she's patient with Miss R. They both need a cuddling, don't they? :)

Barbara Frank said...

Miss R sounds like a really cool kid. :)

I want to get our son a dog so that he will have someone to talk to when his sister leaves home. (He's still mourning the older two leaving, and they've been on their own for several years.) But we can't have dogs where we're living now. Maybe someday......