Friday, April 18, 2008

What do you do when you feel stressed?

I have had a stressful week this week - nothing big just a few added stressors that I usually don't have.

To top it all off, I had a very rude awakening this morning. I mean I literally had a rude awakening as I was awakened by the shaking of my house! I live about 200 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake that rocked the midwest today at 4:40 a.m.

What do you do when your stressed?

I cook! I leave everything behind as I peel, chop, slice, stir and tweak. I am very happy in my own kitchen creating feasts for my family. Today was only a minor feast since hubby is away.

Our mini Thai feast - my favorite cuisine and I like it Thai hot!



Sticky Rice
Thai Fried Rice
Pad Thai
Green Curry

Lots of carbs and lots of calories!



If hubby had been here, we would have had another curry, Chicken Satay and perhaps Thai wontons.

Why is it so hard to take food pictures?

6 comments:

Renna said...

I have never cooked Thai food before, but I Hubby and I both love to eat it. I guess I should venture out and try some recipes.

You might already know what I do when I'm stressed...I knit. Of course I do it when I'm not stressed, too. ;-Þ

I hope next week is better for you, Amy. :-)

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

You knew that I'd head right here after being told not to, right? :P

I'm actually just getting to my friend's blogs.

The food looks good! I am very much a stress eater...sigh. I'm working on it.

Sharon said...

I enjoy ethnic foods, particularly those of oriental flavor. We had a neighbor that is Thai, and our kids LOVED going over the her house to get a nibble of something yummy.
Stress eater, quite often, but what I try to resort to is decaf iced green tea. It seems to sooth.
Your feast looks YUUUUUMMMMY!

Shari Ellen said...

I've started a new homeschool meme for Mondays and I thought that you might be interested. If you want to participate, just write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Then, come to my blog and sign Mr. Linky.

Barbara Frank said...

This must have been a very busy week for you...no posts! Hope all is well and that you are feeling less stressed.

Have a peaceful weekend.

Amy said...

I knew you would run right over Marilyn :-)

I also confess to being a stress eater but first I have to cook the food!

It has been a very busy, but good week here. I'm going to try to post a few pics of my yard - spring has finally come to my house!