Thursday, April 16, 2009

Online DownsEd Materials

The Down Syndrome Educational Trust in Great Britain is putting its Down Syndrome Information and Issues series online!

So far, they have put their number skills booklets online along with their speech and language development booklets.

I purchased this series years ago and spent a fortune - especially on shipping and VAT from Great Britain. I guarantee you will find excellent, helpful information in this series for homeschooling a child with Down syndrome and its FREE! Just download the appropriate age group and/or read ahead!

4 comments:

rickismom said...

Agreed! These are the BEST materials around. VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Now that they are free, everyone will have access to good information. DownsED has always been very generous in sharing what they know to benefit our children!

Leslie said...

Wow! What an amazing resource! Thank you so much for sharing this!!! So much to read and figure out. Sometimes it is a little overwhelming all that I feel I need to be doing. I'm thankful for resources like this to help!

Thank you!!!

Blessings,
Leslie

Amy said...

Leslie,

I was completely overwhelmed when my dd was your dd's age. The DownsEd material really helped me put it all together to teach more effectively and make a marked difference in R's learning. Read and absorb....and feel free to ask any questions!