Thursday, November 5, 2009

Never Thought the Day Would Come....

And neither did Reagan.



Hanging on for dear life because Kiera is driving!



Kiera is an interesting young lady for many reasons - one of which is her lack of desire to obtain a driver's license. Living in two states for a few years has meant that we put off finding a program to teach her to drive. The time has finally come - doesn't she look confident behind the wheel?

Now, to work on Reagan's anxiety. We'll talk about my feelings of impending doom as a passenger in the car anxiety another day...

7 comments:

Josette said...

My 15 year old daughter recently started driving too..I can completely identify!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love the look on Reagan's face!!

I've ridden with my two older children as they drove ONCE...Once was enough for me. *wink*

Amy said...

I just didn't know how hard this was going to be! She really is doing well driving and she needs to have a driver's license...but I think I would rather not do this :o)

Lori said...

Oh my, when they start driving is indeed frightening. Reagan sure does look intense, bless her heart! Thanks for sharing the joy (and anxiety) with us! LOL

Amy said...

Poor Reagan is usually frozen with fear when Kiera drives. She is so empathetic that I'm sure she feels my anxiety though I do behave (outwardly calm) when Kiera is driving. I know we will get through this!

Barbara Frank said...

Free advice: don't rush her. Due to our living in two states, our #3 didn't get her license until this past summer at age 18. She wasn't that into it so we didn't push it when she was 16. (Our first two were extremely eager to drive and did fine at age 16.) This one is taking her time. She's just now learning to get around our new town and drives herself to college during the day. Her dad drives her to night classes, which is fine with her.

Amy said...

Kiera won't get her license until she is 18 also. In IL you have to drive on your permit for 9 months!

I'm in no hurry and neither is she - thank the Lord. She is becoming more competent every day and is a careful and safe driver. She just needs more experience and a tad more confidence in situations where she needs to think fast :-)