Monday, November 2, 2009

Model Me Kids

Does your child with special needs have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversations? Does he misread the social cues of others? Does she have difficulty developing and maintaining friendships? I've run across a new (to me) resource that teaches children with special needs those unwritten rules we all use in social situations. Model Me Kids has social skills training on DVD. Model Me Kids was developed for children with autism, nonverbal learning disorders, social anxiety, learning disabilities and delays.

I know I'm sounding almost like a salesman here. Actually, I met with a group of local homeschooling moms with children with special needs and tried to call up from memory the name of these DVDs to no avail so I'm blogging about them.

Reagan loves these DVDs. The lessons are short, easy to understand and target her strength - visual learning. She is using what she learns and generalizes the rules to real life encounters with others. Its very exciting to see!

No comments: