Sunday, March 2, 2008

I woke up to.....






Aren't they gorgeous...












So, all day I've been singing As the Deer....



Prayer

God, you are my God, I am seeking you,
my soul is thirsting for you,
my flesh is longing for you,
a land parched, weary and waterless.
I long to gaze on you in the Sanctuary,
and to see your power and glory.

Your love is better than life itself,
my lips recite your praise;
all my life I will bless you,
in your name lift up my hands;
my soul will feast most richly,
on my lips a songs of joy and, in my mouth, praise.

On my bed I think of you,
I meditate on you all night long,
for you have always helped me.
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings;
my soul clings close to you,
your right hand supports me.


Psalm 63:1-8

5 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That's beautiful, Amy!!! :o)

Sharon said...

This is beautiful.
When I see deer, my heart leaps, and I also think of that song.

Thanks for sharing it, Amy.

Renna said...

Amy, my mind's been in such a muddle the past few days between being sick and having medicine-head that I've barely even said "hello" to the Lord. :-(

Hearing the music on that video, from one of my most favorite praise songs ever written (that scripture passage and the music with it), and reading your prayer, brought me instantly into the throne room of my Father. What a blessing. Thank you!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

How beautiful!

Amy said...

I'm glad it blessed you all!